All in a Good Cause

1 comment
Get set.....

Get set…..

We have recently had our annual runNTU – a 5k run with the option of a 1.5k fun run – a mad day of students, donors, friends and family all turning out on a sunny afternoon at the Clifton Campus to exercise their legs or in my case my lungs as I was lucky enough to be Race Director this year.  That meant starting the race off , followed by me cheering friends across the finishing line and ended with me presenting the prizes to the very worthy winners.

People having fun whilst making money for a great cause…. What could be better.  It really is a no-brainer for me…..I am in the very fortunate position of having a job I love and days like this are no exception.

The sun was shining, the temperature was perfect for runners and spectators alike, plenty of folks in fancy dress and that was just the Official Timekeeper.

Pretty in Pink!

Pretty in Pink!

I particularly loved all the fairies – a group of ‘children’ of all ages – with a nod to some of our Library colleagues, who now have a very lovely trophy to display in their workplace!!

We were particularly delighted to have the Nottinghamshire Police Chief Constable, Chris Eyre running on the day, as well as a large posse of team members from Nottingham Rugby Club, accompanied by their mascot Archie a rather imposing Stag.

Fight?

Fight?

These things never happen by accident and a lot of hard work went into making the day a success, not least our Community Events Officer Steve Knott and our colleague Claire Moore from the Sports team.

We had music from great singers to entertain the crowds before and after the race, and lots of support from fab sponsors UPP and Kerry’s Fruit and Veg, as well as armies of volunteers from across the university and one or two family members.  And members of Trent Tigers, the NTU award winning Cheerleaders were both running in the race and entertaining the crowd with their athletic demonstrations.

The whole event was great fun, with happy smiling faces and a decent amount of money raised for the centre.

All in all a pretty good result and well done to the three category winners:

Fastest female – Alice Ritchie

Fastest male – Luke Scott

And, last but not least – the fastest fun runner – Morgan Davies-Brown – aged about 8 by the look of him!!!

Thanks to everyone involved and hope to see you again next year.

One thought on “All in a Good Cause

• I love this run I have done it since the beginning when it was a relay race I was lucky to visit the Van Geest centre last year after I completed my first marathon raising money for the centre keep up the good work .