Personification of Infinity

Personification of Infinity

0 comments | 3

This work explores the themes of multiples, reflection, collection and repetition.  Throughout my project I carried out experimentation and it was through this development that I decide to look at the way my four main themes can be used to interact or disrupt space and light.
It was by chance that I happened upon a strip of paper which I began to curl into various shapes. The shapes themselves have a natural cellular quality to as though they were reflecting nature itself.  I combined several of these shapes together; a process that soon became second nature to me and which in turn would form the basis for the installation that stands before you.   The actual process of creating over 16,000 paper swirls became in itself a journey into my theme of repetition, folding over and over again for hours on end. This combined with the installation itself representing the four main themes in a huge physical statement.
The installation tries to impose itself on you by drawing you in, enticing you to come inside.  I am seeking to engage the observer in an emotional response of some kind regardless of that being a negative or positive response.