For my final first-year project I decided to look at the theme of distortion. I firstly looked at the variety of ways objects/images could be distorted and then decided to focus on ink and slow-shutter speed photography.
Here are a few photographs of my initial steps:
I then took my visual research further by experimenting with heat transfer and inks. The results combine the glowing vividness of the slow-shutter speed photography, and qualities of ink.
Here are some examples of my heat transfer and ink pieces:
To take the idea of distortion forward, I combined and adapted my visual research on Photoshop to create completely new images. I started with three different collages of my original images, which then were distorted and developed into the three final collections.