20-ish ways to use videos in learning and teaching

20ish ways I use video as a lecturer, Dr Stuart Jolly, Sports Science

Dr Stuart Jolly, Course Leader for BSc Coaching and Sport Science, has put together examples of how he uses video as a lecturer.  There are loads of inspiring ideas here, from induction and supporting the creation of learning communities to building in opportunities for review and reflections to helping with critical analysis and personalising feedback.  There’s something in here for everyone.

What I like is how it shows that videos don’t need to be polished and perfect, which means they’re quick to make and get out there; they are full of energy and enthusiasm, and it’s the learning opportunities and ideas behind each example that’s important.

Stuart’s video is well worth a watch!

Want even more ideas for using video for learning?  Last week’s meeting of the East Midlands Learning Technologists Group was all about just that.  The blog post about the event Video Killed The Radio Star is full of more ideas, advice and considerations for using video in teaching and learning.

About the author

I'm interested in the ways that technology can enhance teaching and make learning more engaging and accessible to everyone. I work with colleagues to develop their digital literacies and to integrate technology into every day learning and teaching practice. I provide a range of professional development activities through face-to-face, blended and online methods. I'm a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and a Certified Member of the Association for Learning Technology.