Radio 4 three-part series: My Teacher is an App

XO Tablet by Wayan Vota CC BY_NC_SA 2.0XO Tablet by Wayan Vota CC BY_NC_SA 2.0

Radio 4 explores how technology is transforming education

My Teacher is an App explores the changes in educational approaches in schools and universities as a result of the increased use of technology.

• Episode 1  The Classroom of the Future The Khan Academy for flipped learning in schools, educational video games, and tablet computers in the classroom.
  • Episode 2  The University of the Future Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) at Harvard and MIT opening education to people from all over the world.
  • Episode 3  An Education Revolution? Lord Puttnam, Sir Michael Barber, Dr Paul Howard-Jones, Jay Griffiths and “the nation’s ten best teachers” debate what the classroom of the future should look like and ask whether Britain’s schools and universities should follow in America’s footsteps.

The programmes are available on demand for a year.

XO Tablet by Wayan Vota CC BY_NC_SA .20

About the author

I'm interested in the ways that technology can enhance teaching and make learning more engaging and accessible to everyone. I work with colleagues to develop their digital literacies and to integrate technology into every day learning and teaching practice. I provide a range of professional development activities through face-to-face, blended and online methods. I'm a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and a Certified Member of the Association for Learning Technology.