Daily social micro-learning with Twitter

microlearning with twitter

How about getting involved in a daily social-learning activity?

It’s happening in Twitter and is a really convenient way to learn and share something new every day in less than 15 mins, and make new connections, too!  It’s being run by The Centre for Learning & Performance Technologies.  I’ve been finding it really stimulating and enjoyable to learn something new in a tiny bite-sized manageable piece!

It’s day four already, and here are the first four topics:

tweets

Here’s how it works:

• It’s a Twitter-based Learning Flow.
  • In Twitter, follow @TheLearningFlow for a daily social micro-learning activity based on learning-related news from the Social Web.
  • Participate by tweeting your response as a comment/link and including the activity number and the hashtag #learningflow.
  • View the hashtag stream in a tool like Tweetchat or in a column in Tweetdeck.

Image CC BY-NC-SA 2.0 Ian Cooke et al

About the author

I'm interested in the ways that technology can enhance teaching and make learning more engaging and accessible to everyone. I work with colleagues to develop their digital literacies and to integrate technology into every day learning and teaching practice. I provide a range of professional development activities through face-to-face, blended and online methods. I'm a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and a Certified Member of the Association for Learning Technology.